Ir al contenido principal

Conclusions and Key learning

As a conclusion,  considering the learning I have acquired in the specialization course about the AI applied to English Language Teaching, I can say that the knowledge gained in module 1 will influence my English teaching not only in the future but also in the present. I have used Copilot to give me ideas about a warm-up activity using phrasal verbs, or I have created different images in Designer to include them in different guides as a form of making the guide creative; additionally, I used Nearpod to play games with my students. They were really happy competing to get a point in the exam. I can say that the implementation of technology in our classes makes us better teachers. 

Therefore, I am considering to apply and share my new knowledge about AI with a friend who is a teacher to help her in her classes. She told me that she was lost about teaching French because she had created the material she will use in her classes; the academy did not give her slides or guides to use it. I told her about the different AI tools that she could use to facilitate her life and save time. I explained to her about having a polite mood with Copilot and using a technical prompt to avoid hallucinations or bias that can affect her interest in using the AI; besides, I taught her about the background or the style of the picture if she is going to use Designer to create an image. In fact, the teacher asked for help to Chat GPT about recommendations of academic websites about strategies for teaching French, and she received reliable websites that she can use with her students to put into practice different classes, games, activities, lessons, etc. 

In summary, we must use the AI favorable to us and not forget of being responsible because people make their own decisions based on their own values, not machines. 




Comentarios

  1. Hello Mario, I was reading your blog and let me tell u that I feel really happy that you are sharing what you have learned from this course with other people, in this case with u friend right... Since I consider that teaching someone else what we know it is really grateful. Also, it means that you have learned and you are teaching to not forget what you have gained! Let me share wth u that I have already used Copilot to create content related to my Phrasal verbs to teach my students too, so I can say that you are doing a great job!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello, Mario. Let me tell you that I was one more student who started the course without knowing too much about AI. After taking this module, we know AI goes beyond just ChatGPT right. Also, now we are aware about the importance of adapting to technological advancements in eduaction to meet students and professionals needs. Great Job, Mario.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario